At Xfive we have a modern and pragmatic approach to WordPress development. We use Timber to make the work of our developers easier and more fun. We’ve been in the business since 2005 and constantly work on interesting WordPress projects for brands like Yanmar or Hypergiant.
We are looking for talented mid-level to senior developers that have both front-end and WordPress skills. You should be able to work independently on commercial projects so at least 2-3 years of experience with such projects is necessary.
This is a long-term remote position with possibility to work from our Krakow office.
What we offer
- A long-term commitment
- Salary range starting from $3000-5600
- Several types of cooperation depending on your needs. You can choose from an hourly rate, flat fee, hourly rate with a guaranteed number of hours, and types of perks and benefits.
- A constant flow of amazing projects coming from start-ups, agencies, and companies mainly from the US, Australia, and the UK.
- Working hours that best fit your schedule and the possibility to work from the comfort of your own home (an office in Krakow is also available for you).
- Support for learning new skills and acquiring professional certifications.
- A possibility to work on open-source projects like our custom WordPress development framework Chisel.
Note: Our job ads are aimed at developers with strong overlap with CET timezone.
- You are able to deliver projects on time and at a high-quality level
- You have a passion for development and continuous self-education
- You have a consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English and you are not afraid to communicate with the clients directly during online meetings
- Very good knowledge of modern front-end development: HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, Performance Optimization, Accessibility.
- Pixel precision and a basic aesthetics sense. Ability to convert UI in various formats like Figma, Sketch, Photoshop to a functional front-end
- Good knowledge of CSS preprocessors: SCSS is preferred.
- Good knowledge of scalable and maintainable CSS methodologies (BEM, ITCSS).
- Very good knowledge of WordPress.Timber knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to code WordPress themes and WordPress plugins from scratch.
- Very good programming skills and knowledge of general principles (DRY, abstraction, KISS, code refactoring and optimization, etc).
- Good knowledge of PHP and OOP principles.
- Good knowledge of Git version control system.
- Ability to work with the command line and modern web development tooling
This is how our recruitment process works:
- We will check your application and screening questions to see if you would be a good fit to our team.
- If you pass the initial screening, we will invite you to do simple Front-end / WordPress test project.
- If you pass the test, we will invite you to an online interview focused on technical skills and knowledge and soft-skills.
- If you pass the interview, you will become a member of Xfive. Congratulations!