NO RECRUITERS / US-BASED ONLY
We're looking to grow our development team with some freelance developers with a passion for e-commerce, and we hope that's you!
Location: Remote (USA, must overlap working time with 10AM - 6PM ET)
Type: Freelance, Contract
Experience: Senior (5 years of experience)
You'll work closely with the team to help our clients launch highly functional, often complex Shopify stores. We work with clients who use themes from the theme store and design custom Shopify themes from the ground up. You'll have the opportunity to both help kickstart new businesses in the e-commerce space and optimize and redesign stores for established brands.
Workload dependent upon project availability.
The majority of our team is based in the Eastern time zone, so while you can work anywhere in the United States, your hours must overlap with our normal working hours of 10 AM - 6 PM ET.
Required Languages (min. 3 years)
- Liquid (Shopify's templating language)
- Vue.js/React (We have projects in both so proficiencies in JS Frameworks are required, but one or the other applicable)
- Headless CMS Integration
Other Required Skills
- Excellent knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Experience building high-quality, responsive layouts with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
- Ability to apply best-practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control and Git flows
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of web performance best practice, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience with cross-browser and device-testing websites
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- You'll be communicating directly with the client, so we want you to have excellent communication skills.
- Experience working with a distributed team. You must be comfortable with working remotely and communicating with the team regularly via Slack/video chat.
- Experience with having fun at work. 2020 and 2021 has been a tough-as-hell year so we try to take our breaks and get a laugh in when we can.
- Experience working on several projects concurrently, so balancing an ever-changing workload in a fast-paced environment is key. While our goal is to prevent this from happening it does come up from time to time.
- Passion for design/development
- Knowledge of Continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Figma, Invision or Sketch
About Progress Labs
At Progress Labs, we create high-powered experiences with design and technology for the best DTC brands on the internet. Our services range from bespoke commerce design and development to completely headless solutions with custom app integrations. As dedicated partners, we turn brands into sales powerhouses and provide the tools our clients need to keep their business growing.