This is a remote contract position for those based in European timezones.
If you prefer working remotely, love using and creating open-source software, and would enjoy working on a variety of interesting projects surrounded by inspiring NearFormers on the cutting edge of new technologies, then keep reading!
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Developer who can help our enterprise clients translate their requirements into functional and appealing interactive applications. You will be responsible for building both the front and backend components and integration between them. The ideal candidate will be outcome driven, and have a drive to deliver the best quality output for our clients.
At NearForm we modernise enterprises with open, creative software, evolving businesses for the modern world. Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology and modern practices for software development.
Being a global company with a remote workforce allows us to hire without borders. We only hire the best of the best, we continuously learn and improve and our distributed workforce means we service clients across the globe - you can find us from Dublin to Dubai!
As a Senior Fullstack Developer at NearForm your main task will be designing & building applications using React & Node.js. However, as you’ll likely work on a variety of projects your responsibilities may also include:
- Supporting component design, development and maintenance and taking responsibility for personal technical quality standards within the project team.
- Assisting with defining structured practices, especially in source code management, building and deployment.
- Contributing to NearForm tooling and open-source projects.
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions.
- Optimising performance in applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Using appropriate tools to maintain version control and build processes.
- Getting feedback from users and clients, and building solutions for them.
- Assisting with the analysis of client requirements.
- Working with and supporting the Delivery Architect (team lead) in project execution and timely delivery.
- Collaborating with client teams.
- Significant experience delivering at a Senior Developer level in an enterprise environment.
- Practical experience of delivering in an agile environment.
- Practical experience of knowledge of developing real-world solutions and platforms.
- Deep understanding of SQL Databases (PostgreSQL is preferred).
- Deep understanding of versioning control tools - Git in particular.
- Experience using GraphQL in a production environment.
- Good understanding of security and performance considerations.
- Understanding of layout aesthetics, responsive design and mobile web development.
- Understanding of architectural and design patterns.
- General familiarity with a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Empathy and people skills.
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.
- NearFest: We all get together in person at our annual company retreat - for 2019 we chose St Tropez!! (not bad, hey! 😎)
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. We all get together in person at our annual company retreat, of course when we’re not faced with a global pandemic! Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
- A TalentCall with someone from the recruitment team (30 mins approx.) to introduce to you NearForm and the role, and to make sure your experience is relevant for the position and to discuss life as a NearFormer
- An assessment with a member of the hiring team (1 hr approx.), this session is carried out using a screen share. You will be given a challenge and asked to provide a working solution to a specified problem.
- A video call with one of our Hiring Managers (45 mins approx.) which allows us to gain a better insight into what interests you, your technical background, and give you an overview of the work we do at NearForm.
If this sounds like it could be a good fit and you’d like to find out more, hit apply below and submit your CV! If you don’t have a CV to hand, you can always download your LinkedIn profile and use that (click “More…” on your LinkedIn profile then “Save to PDF” 💡).
If you don’t have a CV to hand, would like to express an interest to work with us in the future by joining our Talent Network, or have any questions about the role or life as a NearFormer then please get in touch on email@example.com.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.