Job Location: Remote, Hours: Flexible
Columbia University’s Department of Surgery is looking for a remote, freelance Senior Full-Stack Drupal Developer for product development and maintenance of our surgical website. We are looking for a candidate with Drupal 8 & 9 experience, that has a breadth of knowledge covering full-stack work with extra expertise in front-end coding. Our development team thrives on collaboration.
The Department of Surgery includes over 100 physicians and encompasses over a dozen distinct divisions and sections, each with its own needs and expectations. Our Strategic Communications team markets to the general public, prospective patients and healthcare providers. Our overall goal is to humanize the world of healthcare, to make it more accessible and understandable, and to present Columbia as the leader in the field.
• Custom module development
• Knowledge of theme functions and the Drupal theme layer
• Development for accessibility and inclusivity
• Code reviews and QA
• Create and configure content types with appropriate fields for basic data structures
• Configure display models for building custom form and view modes for core entities
• Create and use taxonomy vocabularies and terms for classification of content
• Configure block types and manage block libraries/layouts
• Build navigation systems via menus
• Create and configure views for building content list pages
• Strong Git experience and knowledge of working with Drupal in a team environment (i.e. using features, configuration management etc).
• Analyze security issues arising from site configuration or custom code
7+ years experience in front-end and full stack development
Strong portfolio of digital work
Advanced Drupal site-building skills (i.e. Views, Panels / Display Suite, etc)
Drupal 8/9 experience
Strong debugging and problem solving skills
Attention to detail
Ability to assess timelines and execute on deadline
To apply please contact Taryn Mahoney at tmm2187 [@] cumc.columbia.edu