Who we are
At EVRYTHNG we are blazing a trail in the digitisation of physical products, applying the latest technologies in blockchain, machine learning and big data analytics. Our team members are proud to work with some of the world’s biggest brands. EVRYTHNG is an agile, fast-paced startup environment, with offices in London, New York, Beijing, Minsk and Lausanne.
We are looking for a QA Technical Engineer to work within the Engineering department on our highly scalable award-winning IoT platform. Our IoT platform needs to meet high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale. So, If you are passionate about quality, passionate about the newest, cutting edge technologies and passionate about the IoT space then this is definitely the role for you and the individual we want to work with within our engineering team.
As a QA Technical Engineer, you will be responsible for the quality culture of the engineering department and working with software engineers to test EVRYTHNG products (Mobile Apps on mobile devices, APIs, Complex Distributed Systems & FrontEnd Dashboards) to reveal the quality and risk-related information with the intent of informing a decision. You will also contribute to the creation of test strategies and the diagnosis of complex issues.
- Works closely with the Product Owner to understand and provide feedback on the gaps/anomalies on functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure quality is built into the product.
- Ensure stories reach the definition of ready and testability and testing issues are discussed during product backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Proactively learn and apply modern testing principles.
- Get stories to the definition of done by either leading testing, pair testing with developers or reviewing testing that developers have performed.
- Can tell the testing story, explain risks found during the testing, and the impact assessment of these risks to technical & non-technical stakeholders.
- Supports the development of standards/tools/techniques for Automated Testing
- Employs automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing and automate the CI/CD pipeline across all product platforms.
- Contributes to the ‘Testing in Production’ engineering strategy.
- Extensively monitor production logs to determine the quality of the product and identify risks in the product.
- Works closely with the scrum team, particularly Dev Ops and the Developers to ensure that quality code can be released into production on a regular cycle
- Keep up to date with the evolution of the testing industry.
- Takes part in the QA chapter and adds valuable input.
The successful candidate would have to possess the majority of the following experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology e.g test design and test techniques. either from BBST courses or ISTQB. (certification itself is not a requirement but the ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of software testing is).
- Experience with RESTful Web Services and API Testing using tools such as POSTMAN or something equivalent.
- Experience with doing performance testing using k6 or something similar.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and doing basic queries.
- Understanding of how to help teams implement tests at the right level of the pyramid.
- Experience of using version control preferable Git and GitHub.
- Deep knowledge of Cloud Technologies (AWS), Microservices, Distributed systems.
- Experience of looking at production data to determine quality or find issues. Similar tools such as new Relic, DataDog, LogEntries,Pingdom, AWS cloud watch would be preferably.
- Experience of Context Driven and Session Based testing and an understanding of when to use the right software tool to get the job done.
- Experience of coaching teams to improve the Quality Culture within an engineering department.
- Experience working with large scale teams.
- Strong at bug management and writing good bug reports. However, has a preference for post-it notes and communication to get bugs fixed asap.
- Excellent communication, especially in terms of making change across multiple teams.
NICE TO HAVE
EVRYTHNG offers a competitive salary, high earning potential and the ability to experience a high growth startup operating in the most exciting business environment around. This is not a role for a passenger but a challenging and rewarding role for a high potential candidate who wants to make a huge leap in their personal and professional development.
Furthermore, you get:
- To work from home and we'll help you kit your home-office.
- Training & Development - 2 hours of personal training & development per week & tech lunches on Wednesdays.
- Eligibility to get stock options once you successfully passed probation.
Core hours are 10-4 (GMT) to align with global teams. The role is FULLY remote
To apply for this job you must be willing to work in Lisbon, Portugal time zone.