Location: Fully Remote EMEA (European Union, mainland Europe and The United Kingdom.)
English Level: B2/C1/C2 - fluent
Availability: Immediately or 30 days
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
We are looking for an OutSystems Developer for the Vanguard team. Vanguard is the tiger team at OutSystems R&D - focusing on critical needs by our top customers that require tactical, on-the-spot, massively scalable solutions. At Vanguard, you will be working with the best to deliver fast, helping our customers in their journey of adopting OutSystems to their needs and goals - making history along the way.
You will like this role if you:
- Wake up eager to solve the next challenge – you get thrilled brainstorming with other colleagues and getting to elegant and simple solutions for complex problems!
- Have a proactive and “get-things-done” attitude, even when working with uncertainty. At Vanguard we are solving top challenges and 80/20 is not just a buzzword - it’s how you know you’re doing the right thing!
- Like to solve the puzzle. Completely understanding the problem with its ramifications and only then realizing how to solve it the simplest way possible. Skip a few steps and you may end up going down a rabbit hole that doesn’t really add value anywhere.
- Want to make a difference. Your work will be used directly by our customers in fast delivery cycles, and you’ll immediately see the value they get. And as in all product organizations, you’re contributing to the vision and capabilities in the long run.
- Get excited about technology. At OutSystems we constantly look for the best way to solve new & old problems, so expect to explore the state-of-the-art for whatever domain you’re working on.
What exactly will you be doing?
- Participate in the adjustment of existing OutSystems solutions (architecture and implementation) to address challenges of scalability in cloud deployments, based on business needs and drivers.
- Work hands-on in OutSystems development activities, and own your share of the responsibility for the overall technical quality of the solution.
- Share your knowledge on architecture and development best practices within your team, with customers customers’ and with partners’ staff.
- Influence the direction of the solution based on expertise in OutSystems and other technologies.
- Work closely with the rest of the project team and the customer organization to contribute to the project’s success.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics. If you do not have one but you are a Rock-star (and can show it), we still want to hear from you.
- 3 years of software development experience.
- 1-2 years of experience with OutSystems development;
- Experience in web or mobile application development, project delivery practices, solution design, architecture patterns, and application performance;
- Customer orientation and excellent interpersonal skills.
NICE TO HAVE
- Strategic mindset and ability to innovate using technology to advance business goals.
- OutSystems project experience and certifications.
- Working within and leading efforts in Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative, and waterfall.
Working at OutSystems
We don’t have many rules, but we have a lot of common sense. Our commitment to our culture is highlighted in The Small Book of The Few Big Rules, written by our Founder and CEO, Paulo Rosado. This commitment to culture has landed us in the top six Forbes Best Cloud Computing Companies and CEOs To Work For four years running.
- Disrupting the status quo is in our DNA. In fact, it’s why our company exists;
- We ask “why” a lot. It helps us connect our individual work to the bigger picture, and sometimes even uncover a better way;
- Our offices are great places to be, but will never be the stuff of future tech mockumentaries. We’re much more down-to-earth than that.