Are you looking for something new and exciting? A new challenge awaits you at Newswire. We’re a high-growth media marketing company and we’re looking for developers and engineers like you!
Working at Newswire, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the business and our customers. Our goal is to deliver a world-class experience and we need world-class thinking, like yours, to make the mission a reality. Your dedication, perseverance, and aptitude will be challenged by this role and you must accept a high degree of accountability. Meeting the challenge will afford you excellent career opportunities in return. The knowledge, experience, and skills acquired will be second to none.
If you’re interested in working in a high-demand, high-growth company with a forward-thinking ideology, consider applying today.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with the Laravel framework as a regular day-to-day part of the role, including authoring unit tests
- Working with front-end developers and engineers to provide an outstanding customer experience
- Mentor other developers and engineers on best practices relating to CI/CD, QA, SDLC, including build, test, and release cycles
- Ensuring delivery of high-quality service and product that has both high performance and reliability
- Working within an agile environment
- Rapidly adapting to new technologies to facilitate the needs of our business and our customers
Skills You’ll Need
- Ability to write, analyze, and evaluate queries using MySQL and ElasticSearch
- Strong Linux Knowledge and comfortable with the CLI
- Comfortable with CI/CD tools and products such as GitLab, Travis CI, or Jenkins
- Familiarity with key/value stores such as Redis and Memcache
- Knowledge of PHP MVC frameworks such as CodeIgniter and Laravel
- Operating with cloud-based products and technologies such as AWS and Docker
- Comfortability with automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or Salt
- Adaptability to new APIs and technologies with a working knowledge of REST/AJAX, OAuth, SOAP, and XML-RPC
- Understanding of HA (high availability) and DR (disaster recovery) practices and how it relates to software design and implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 100% Remote Working EnvironmentCom
- petitive Salary and Bonus Structures
- Benefits: 100% Premium paid by Newswire for Health, Vision, and Dental for employee and any immediate family members (including dependents)
- 401k with up to 3% Company Match
- Vacation, Maternity, and Sick Leave
Beyond these more tangible items, Newswire provides a Family style work environment that operates with compassion, support, and opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Weekly and monthly roundtables to give everyone a voice and be a part of evolving the company and products to best serve our marketplace.