Ironhack, founded in 2013, is an education startup that was created to disrupt the way tech education works!
Doesn’t it seem odd that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution? Virtually all industries are pushing the limits on how to do things faster, better, and more efficiently. We empower students to create a new path - one that leads to meaningful careers in software development, product design, or data analytics in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional education.
It’s with this mindset that we’ve become one of the key global players in bridging the digital skills gap, serving both those looking to get into tech, as well as the companies hungry for tech talent.
- Courses in Web Development, UX/UI Design, Cyber Security & Data Analytics
- Operations in 10 locations worldwide
- Graduated over 9000 students
- 150+ global team members
About the gig
3 months mission!
We are looking for a Lead Instructor for our Web Development Bootcamp at the start of January 2022 who is passionate about coding, but also passionate about sharing their knowledge with the next generation of developers. The Lead Instructor is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from their educational journey and real-world experience.
You need to be a strong communicator and very patient - you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to the future generation of developers.
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of an Ironhack bootcamp.
- Teaching remotely from Monday to Friday (09:00 to 18:00 CET).
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects.
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA).
- Lead instructor will not need to produce the curriculum. The curriculum is pre-made, all the content is ready.
Requirements (Is this you?)
- 3+ years of design experience as a developer; a leadership position is a plus!
- Fluent in English, as all in-company communication will be in that language.
- You are passionate about Web Development
- You like sharing knowledge
- You consider yourself a learner
- You want to make an impact on people
- You have a great amount of empathy, compassion, and patience
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated
- A can-do attitude and a good sense of humor
- Great communication skills and an ability to capture people's attention :)
- You are organised, reliable, communicative, open to feedback
- You enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the Web Development community
Technologies & skills needed:
- Understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Responsive Web Design
- Web Design (HTML / CSS frameworks)
- MongoDB & Mongoose
- Version Control with Git & GitHub
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- Tons of amazing events with our students and community of instructors
- Learn to code, design, or analyze data: enroll in our part-time courses for free!
- Generous vacation/sick policy