The Junior Web Developer Specialist, reporting to the Technical Lead, will work with a variety of team members to maintain digital experiences, solve e-commerce challenges, and address technical issues. Ensuring brand standards and web development best practices are met. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining WordPress sites, assisting in implementing new features and functionality, as well as optimizing existing pages and plug-ins.
This position is part-time, contract based, working for Jrae Consulting, Inc.’s client on an as-needed basis. Currently seeking no more than 20 hours per month. Expected start date, February 1, 2022.
Hourly rate: $30-$60/hour based on experience.
- Maintaining and implementing new features and functionality as assigned by the technical lead.
- Integrate and support plugins assigned by the technical lead.
- Optimizing and supporting the website’s CMS, including high-performance and availability.
- Create, maintain and support custom templates and blocks.
- Have 2-5 years of experience as a web developer.
- Experience with WordPress v5 technologies and methods, including custom blocks and templates.
- Experience with PHP development and debugging.
- Experience with Astra Pro and WordPress child themes.
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs including The Event Calendar by Modern Tribe and WooCommerce.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Good understanding working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working WordPress pages.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong ability to self-manage projects.