Event Espresso (https://eventespresso.com) is hiring a Junior Developer / Technical Support Specialist that can help customers with their event registrations and ticket sales plugin for WordPress via support forums, email, and user documentation. This support technician will also assist with simple engineering projects including bug fixes and writing unit and e2e tests.
– Provide answers to customers by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding customers through corrective steps through the support forums and support tickets/email.
– Identify/debug conflicts with other themes or plugins.
– Escalates issues to senior support staff and engineering as needed.
– Improves customer resources by writing and maintaining documentation.
– Improves performance and efficiencies by identifying problems; recommending changes.
– Help test code changes, new features, and release software updates.
2+ years experience with the following:
– English communication, avoiding jargon, and making technical language easy to understand.
– Setting up WordPress websites from scratch, using and supporting WordPress plugins and themes. Installing and configuring WordPress on your own computer.
– Using WordPress hooks (actions and filters).
– Reading, writing, and editing PHP, HTML, CSS. You will often have to help users with small CSS edits. Experience with tools like Chrome Dev Tools is required.
– Experience debugging a conflict by enabling and using WP_DEBUG to get any notices/warnings/errors.
1+ years of experience with:
– Maintaining (component library, styles and themes, unit + e2e tests, documentation)
Generally, you should have great problem-solving skills, be self-motivated, curious to learn and grow and have the ability to work remotely with full dedication (high activity level required).
– Great communication whether via zoom, chat, forum, or emojis
– Give and accept peer review in a casual yet professional manner
– Desire to work hard and have fun with a great tEEm
We give our team a lot of autonomy, but we are also very collaborative. You must be focused and self-motivated, have solid planning skills, and have basic marketing and customer skills.
Please email us if you have any questions.