My company, TinyPilot, sells open source IT management devices.
I’m looking for a freelance developer with experience in Vue, HTML, and CSS to do 10-15 hours of work per week on the TinyPilot sales site and the TinyPilot web app.
I started TinyPilot last year after a successful launch on Hacker News. I’m the founder, and I work with two other part-time freelance developers.
I’m a former Google and Microsoft employee, but now I focus full-time on my own software businesses and write about software and entrepreneurship stuff on my blog.
- Flexible hours
- Freedom to influence product direction
- Work with a growing bootstrapped startup
- Constructive code feedback from a developer with 15 years of experience
- Strong written English
- Comfort with Vue 2
- Comfort with git
- An appreciation for intuitive, maintainable code
How I work with freelance developers
I wrote a blog post explaining how I work with freelance developers.
You don’t have to read the whole thing now, but I recommend at least skimming it to see if it’s a working style you’d enjoy.
I don’t do technical interviews, as I think it’s easier to just start with a small paid assignment and see how it goes.
Email Michael Lynch with:
- A note explaining why you’d be a good match for this work
- You’ll have a much higher chance of a follow-up if you discuss specific details of TinyPilot and what I’ve described about the work.
- Your resume
- An example of code you’re proud of
- A project is ideal, but a single file is fine, as long as it’s 100+ lines of code
- If you send a link to a large project, point me to a file that’s interesting
- It’s helpful if you link to a demo URL where I can see the code running
- An example website you’ve built
- Your desired hourly pay