FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, and entertainment. Our mission is to give sports fans the chance to win everyday and create experiences they can’t wait to share with their friends.
We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community. We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders. We value teamwork above all else, and we believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team. Like any good sports team, we’ve got passion. Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people. With a company that’s as committed to its people as it is to its customers, FanDuel is a great place to develop yourself and your career.
We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You will be part of a growing team who is responsible for developing a robust Cloud platform sitting on AWS architecture, but also harnessing the power of some of the leading industry SaaS offerings.
- Share best practices and guide other engineers while implementing Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- You will collaborate with the Engineering team to help with AWS IAM & Role Management and provisioning AWS resources
- Operational duties to include functions such as governing existing AWS Cloud environment, automation, monitoring metrics, disaster recovery/backup, and capacity planning.
- Ensure all project documentation is created and updated including design, development, and deployment documentation.
- Lead investigations and PoC of new tools and technologies.
- Contribute actively to the process of creating and implementing Cloud operational best practices.
- Prioritize and find the most efficient path towards solving complex, ambiguous business problems with data, keeping a mindset of simplicity, robustness, and speed above all
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Strong experience working on cloud platforms, focusing on security, performance and cost.
- Experience implementing and maintaining cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Buildkite, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Experience with GIT development, deployment, and support of data processes and procedures
- Solid experience with networking, load balancing and working with tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Proven experience and expertise in Cloud operational monitoring and administration to provide overall system visibility and observability with Datadog, Cloudwatch and similar tools.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet.
- Ability to automate processes in various script languages (Python/Perl/Shell).
- Experience working with containerized technologies such as Docker.
- Experience working cross-functionally to roll out and manage large initiatives.
- A successful candidate has technical depth and hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. The Senior DevOps Engineer is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application, and processes.
- A system engineering or developer background with the ability to learn quickly and share your knowledge with the broader team
- A mindset of automate everything, with experience demonstrating this.
- 3 years Linux experience with Python, Perl or Shell scripting
- 3 years of AWS (IAM, S3, Kinesis, KMS, DynamoDB, Cloud Formation, VPC, Lambda, Security Groups, SNS, RDS, Redshift, EMR)
- 3 years of GitHub, CI/CD - Buildkite, Jenkins
- 3 years of Configuration Management tools - Puppet or similar (Ansible, Chef)
- 2 years of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation) experience.
- Nice to have Apache Airflow, Databricks, Apache Spark knowledge
- 3 years of Messaging – SQS, Kafka, RabbitMQ or similar technologies
- 1 years of Docker, Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS, ECS), Helm package manager.
- 1 years of DataDog, Cloudwatch monitoring solutions experience.
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Build innovative products used by a highly passionate user base
- 10% time and regular hack days.
- Learning and development opportunities, including conference attendance
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Pension with company contribution
- Private medical coverage
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.